Client Acknowledgement Form
Please print out, sign, and bring to your first session
Client Health Survey
Please print out, complete & bring a new one to each session
JIN SHIN DO® BODYMIND ACUPRESSURE®
"Jin Shin Do" means "The Way of the Compassionate Spirit." Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure® uses gentle yet deep finger pressure on specific acu-points and verbal Body Focusing techniques, to help release "armoring" or chronic tension, balance the "Qi" or energy, and improve vitality. This clothes-on method helps relieve stress- and trauma- related problems. A unique synthesis of a traditional Japanese acupressure technique, classic Chinese acu-theory, Taoist philosophy, Qigong (breathing & exercise techniques), Reichian segmental theory and principles of Ericksonian psychotherapy, it is recognized as a major form of Asian Bodywork Therapy (by NCCAOM & AOBTA among others). Originated by psychotherapist Iona Teeguarden, JSD promotes a pleasant trancelike state, in which one can relax and move out of the head and into the body, accessing feelings and inner wisdom.
Practiced by Gerard E. Thomas, O.P., Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure®, in a very subtle and non-invasive way, will instill deep relaxation in order to re-establish a smooth, harmonious, and balanced energy flow throughout your body by releasing physical, mental and emotional tension. As tension is released you will experiencea sense of inner peace and well-being. Jin Shin Do® works with the Body, Mind, and Spirit to create conditions where healing can occur... improving your physical and emotional way of life.
It may help to relieve:
- physical aches & pains (sore, tight and pulled muscles, etc.) caused by tension
- emotional conditions (eg: anxiety, insomnia, fatigue) caused by tension
- pain and discomfort induced by trauma
- other physical discomforts (eg. gastro-intestinal, menstrual & menopausal) caused by energy imbalances & blockages
It also may help:
- strengthen the immune system
- restore energy reserves
- calm the mind
- improve athletic performance and reduce injuries
- increase sensitivity & awareness to riding aides for equestrians
Good for people:
- frail or experiencing too much pain to participate in more physical modalities
- wanting to be able to control the amount of pressure they receive (ie: lighter or deeper)
- not comfortable with the idea of removing their clothing
- not comfortable with the idea of acupuncture needles
- wanting to become more aware of their own body & energy
- remain clothed (except shoes must be removed) throughout the session
- are asked to wear light weight fabric clothes (no jeans please)
- are encouraged to not wear shirts with collars or turtle-necks
- are asked to not bring cell phones into the session
Visit www.jinshindo.org for more information
Fees, Policy, & Incentives
- All Acupressure sessions are Completely Confidential and by appointment only
- $80 per 1.5 hours
- Pay for 3 sessions in advance and get a gift certificate for one 1 hour session to be used by anyone other than the purchaser.
- Gift Certificates are available. All gift certificates must be redeemed within one (1) month of purchase date written on the gift card.
- 24 Cancellation Policy – You must call at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment to cancel or reschedule. Failure to do so results in you being charged the full session rate ($80).
- Returned check fee is $25.
Jin Shin Do® Acupressure is not intended for the diagnosis, treatment or cure of disease. It is a relaxation therapy, and a useful adjunct to licensed, qualified medical or psychological care. For any persistent pain or symptom, even a seemingly minor one, the reader is strongly encouraged to consult a medical doctor. When used in conjunction with standard medical treatment, the Jin Shin Do Acupressure technique can assist the healing process by releasing tension, decreasing stress and encouraging a sense of increased well-being.